for Combat Control School
Applicants must be a U. S. Citizen and,
must also be eligible for a secret security clearance.
• Must join the Air Force before their 28th birthday. If a person has any military time, it is subtracted from their age, if result is less than 28 he can still join. For example, person is 31 but had 4-yrs active duty. Subtract 4 from 31 = 27.
Height & Weight
• Minimum height 4'10" up to a maximum height of 6'8"
• Maximum weight in compliance with Air Force standards,
(maximum weight for jump school is 250 pounds)
Flight Physical and Vision Requirements
• Pass the standard military physical, and must pass a Class III Flight Physical
• At least 20/70 or better in both eyes and both correctable to 20/20 with glasses
• Waiver possibilities: If one eye is 20/70 or better and the other no worse than 20/200, or if both eyes are no worse than 20/100*
• Must have normal color vision
*PRK and LASIK surgery is approved by the USAF.
*Applicant must wait one year post procedure. Pre + post conditions must be met.
*LASIK is not approved for military freefall.
PAST - Physical Ability Stamina Test
PAST requirements are designed to test for a minimum fitness level for entry into the CCT/SOWT/PJ training pipeline.
CCT/PJ candidates should continue to train throughout their cross-training application and the recruiting process, to exceed these minimums and enhance chances of success.
• 2 x 25 meter underwater (pass/fail, 3 min between each) with 10 min rest
• 500 meter swim (freestyle, breaststroke, sidestroke),
max time 11 min 42 sec with 30 min rest
• 1.5 mile run, max time 10 min 10 sec with 10 min rest
• Pull-ups in 1 min, 8 x minimum reps with 3 min rest
• Sit-ups in 2 min, 48 x minimum reps with 3 min rest
• Push-ups in 2 min, 48 x minimum reps with 3 min rest